Cars (197)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Autos with quality crafsmanship

I'm in the market for a used auto with quality craftsmanship, I've thought about buying an older Volvo but I wanted to hear the opinions on…

Started by Nature of a Man

5 on Wednesday
Reply by Jay D

6-passenger car

What body types or class of car can take 6 passengers?  I got Consumer Reports to start decideing on a car, but I realize IDK what I'm look…

Started by Sir

8 May 15
Reply by Pale Horse

Development of the Automobile

The automobile has a long history. The French engineer Nicolas Joseph Cugnot built the first self-propelled vehicle (Paris, 1789), a heavy,…

Started by blackjack

1 Apr 26
Reply by Liam Strain

What diesel car should I get with the VW buyback?

I am one of those people who bought a VW TDI and then the emissions scandal occurred a month later. I'll be eligible to return my VW Passat…

Started by Dan B

4 Apr 4
Reply by Jim Kart

How Do I Do This?

I want to replace my car battery. The air intake covers the battery. I need to remove it. It has two small screws. No biggie. EXCEPT. Th…

Started by Lumberjoe

7 Jan 27
Reply by Native Son

Did I Void My Warranty?

We have a Mitsubishi that had two keys that could remotely unlock the car. My wife lost her key. We contacted an independent auto locksmi…

Started by Lumberjoe

5 Jan 4
Reply by Nick H

Liquid sloshing sound inside dashboard

Hi, I have a 2012 Ford Fusion S I4 engine. Last night it was parked on the side of the road with the driver's side raised up. Since then,…

Started by Carl Byrd

1 Dec 24, 2016
Reply by Sir

2011 Jetta Running Lights

I just replaced the headlamps in my moms 2011 VW Jetta SE 2.5 Sedan. They are now working fine but the running lights are not working. I th…

Started by Fabricante

3 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by Native Son

The 7 hour NUT

Let me tell you a story of a young single eligible bachelor with a 2004 VW Passat. He loves his car; it's a premium with heated seats, sunr…

Started by 2risewhenfallen

1 Jul 8, 2016
Reply by Native Son

Favorite Truck?

Just looking to give a little more life to this section of the forum! anyone got a favorite truck? I have always been a fan of the dodge Ra…

Started by Joshua

53 Jun 30, 2016
Reply by Lumberjoe

RSS

Latest Activity

Shane replied to Drew's discussion Dealing with a depressing job
"You could write up a skills based rather than experience based resume."
6 minutes ago
Nature of a Man replied to Nature of a Man's discussion A bizarre dating trend I see
"And after a few years, when the first flush of emotions are long gone and "familiarity has bred contempt"? ...and you and your spouse suddenly discover that the two of you have absolutely nothing in common? I'd get a divorce, but that…"
14 minutes ago
Charles Dodd replied to Nature of a Man's discussion A bizarre dating trend I see
"And after a few years, when the first flush of emotions are long gone and "familiarity has bred contempt"? ...and you suddenly discover that the two of you have absolutely nothing in common? Oh well, you're a romantic. I won't…"
24 minutes ago
Drew replied to Drew's discussion Dealing with a depressing job
"Thanks, I normally do tailor my CV to the job, emphasising different things depending on the role etc. I usually miss out my degree subject (i.e. just have the uni name and the years). I'm cautious about missing it out altogether as it may look…"
29 minutes ago
Nature of a Man replied to Nature of a Man's discussion A bizarre dating trend I see
"I don't understand the point of your post. Maybe I'm just not reading it right. It sounds like you're trying to draw some arbitrary distinction, like "The purpose of having friends is to share activities and interests, whereas…"
51 minutes ago
Charles Dodd replied to Nature of a Man's discussion A bizarre dating trend I see
"I don't understand the point of your post. Maybe I'm just not reading it right. It sounds like you're trying to draw some arbitrary distinction, like "Friends are for activities and interests, whereas dates and spouses are for…"
2 hours ago
Sir replied to Sir's discussion Killing weeds in the driveway
"So far, the plants I sprayed salty water on seemed to like it --!"
3 hours ago
Sir replied to Sir's discussion Killing weeds in the driveway
"About 7 car lengths, and until I meet my maker, probably."
3 hours ago

© 2017   Created by Brett McKay.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service